Candidates will learn:
Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy
- Anatomy & physiology required to be able to apply sports massage
- How to carry out a range of assessments
- How to collect information relating to the client’s current condition and status (including the identification of conditions that would be inappropriate for treatment by someone at this level)
- How to distinguish between acute injury and soft tissue dysfunction.
- How to recognise when to defer treatment or when to refer to a more qualified massage or healthcare professional
- How to select appropriate massage techniques for a range of clients
- How to apply sports massage techniques safely and effectively, understanding the potential effects.
Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy
- The clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning
- How to conduct objective physical assessments
- Neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques used in sports massage
- How to apply effective neuromuscular and soft tissue mobilisation techniques
- How to utilise soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients
- Treat modalities to support soft tissue repair.