Course candidates will learn
- Anatomy & physiology required to be able to apply sports massage
- How to carry out a range of assessments
- How to collect information relating to the clients current condition and status (including the identification of conditions that would be inappropriate for treatment by someone at this level)
- How to distinguish between acute injury and soft tissue dysfunction.
- How to recognise when to defer treatment or when to refer to a more qualified massage or healthcare professional
- How to select appropriate massage techniques for a range of clients
- How to apply sports massage techniques safely and effectively, understanding the potential effects.