FTScotland’s funded/part-funded Modern Apprenticeship Programme helps employers to develop their workforce by training both new and existing employees. As an employee you will not only gain an industry-recognised qualification but also earn a wage at the same time.
Those undertaking a Modern Apprenticeship can build valuable work experience from day one and gain industry recognised qualifications. As an apprentice, you will develop skills and expertise for your current and future positions of employment. Our Modern Apprenticeships are available at two different levels, equivalent to higher national levels.
- Age 16-24. (there is enhanced funding available for individuals between 20-29, see page two in the attached document for criteria)
- Must hold a contract of employment within the leisure industry. Full-time, part-time, or zero-hours contracts are accepted.
- Must not hold a degree. (within the sport and recreation sector)
- NC, HNC, or HND levels are still fundable.
- Not currently studying an associated qualification at college. Learners can be taken on as long as they are not studying a sport/recreation, health & fitness qualification.
Some of our Modern Apprenticeship learners have gone on to secure full-time employment and also develop their careers into more senior positions from the completion of their Modern Apprenticeship Programme.
10 benefits of completing a Modern Apprenticeship framework
- Training in the skills employers want
- Excellent progression routes
- Increased future earning potential
- Complete at your own pace
- Support given to you by a mentor/skills assessor
- Become more confident
- Learn core skills
- Gain industry recognised qualifications
- No cost (low or no cost)
- Strengthen your CV