Candidates will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing manual when booking and be asked to read through specific sections and utilise e-learning below to help with revision.
E-learning is included in the cost of the course. It is designed to offer a different learning style from the manual as some of our learners prefer visual and interactive learning as they struggle to study from the book alone. Within the e-learning resource it will cover:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology, and fitness
- Professionalism for fitness instructors and providing excellent customer care
- Health and safety in a fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations in a gym-based environment to support positive behaviour change.
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise programmes and group inductions
Active IQ has advised that candidates would require a laptop or computer to access their e-Learning account as an iPad or mobile phone would not have the full capability to perform all the functions within the e-Learning.
Course work required before the course commences
There are worksheets that are required to be completed before the course starts. Candidates will receive guidance on this when booking.